Daily Current Affairs 16 March 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 16 March 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 16 March 2019
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will head the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage.
- Setting up of the inter-disciplinary National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage was approved by the Union Cabinet on March 7 to promote clean and sustainable mobility initiatives in the country.
- The other members of the Steering Committee will have Secretaries from Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Heavy Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, and Director General, Bureau of Industrial Standards.
SBI enables customers to make ATM withdrawals upto Rs.10000 without debit card using YONO
- The State Bank of India has launched a facility using which its customer can withdraw money from ATM without using a debit card. They can make such transactions using YONO app of SBI.
- The cardless withdrawal is a two-step process: Step 1: Customer initiates the withdrawal using the YONO app and generate a six-digit OTP. The pin will be valid for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Visit any SBI Atm and using the 6 digit pin you can withdraw the cash amount. You also need your YONO app pin for withdrawal.
- Maximum Limit of Withdrawal: Maximum transaction of Rs. 10,000 each. And maximum 2 such transactions in a day. The customer can avail of this service only on one device.
India’s ‘First Coffee’ Along with Four Others Obtains GI Tag
- The Geographical Indications Registry granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to the following varieties of coffee on March 1, 2019.
- Bababudangiri Arabica Coffee – Chikmagalur district, Karnataka (also known as birthplace of coffee in India)
- Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee – Chikmagalur district, Karnataka
- Coorg Arabica Coffee – Kodagu district, Karnataka
- Wayanad Robusta Coffee – Wayanad district, Kerala
- Araku Valley Arabica Coffee – around Visakhapatnam district, Andhra Pradesh and Koraput district, Odisha
Aviva Life Insurance Launches Women Empowerment Programme ‘WINGS’
- The Aviva Life Insurance has launched a specially designed mentorship program named ‘WINGS’ to empower the female workforce.
- Under the new initiative a female mentor will help to empower the women in Aviva to fulfil their professional and personal goals.
- Wings is an initiative of the SHE division of the company which was formed in 2016 by Aviva India’s Women Network who take up the charge of addressing causes in the interest of women empowerment.
2019 First BRICS Sherpa Meeting Successfully Concludes in Brazil
- The first BRICS Sherpa meeting for the year 2019 was held between 14-15 March 2019 in Curitiba, Brazil.
- The Indian delegation was led by Shri T S Tirumurti, Secretary(ER) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Brazil is the host nation for the 2019 BRICS Summit.
- BRICS is a group of the heads of government of the five member states namely Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Special Olympics World Games 2019 inaugurated in Abu Dhabi
- The Special Olympics World Games 2019 is being held in Abu Dhabi, UAE and was inaugurated on March 14, 2019 by Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed at the Zayed Sports City Stadium.
- 7,500 athletes from more than 190 nations are involved in this tournament. Team India is the second largest contingent after the host UAE with 387 players.
India to Host 2020 U-17 Women’s Football World Cup
- The 2020 FIFA Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup will be held in India. It will be the 7th edition of the championship since its inception in 2008.
- India was appointed as the host by the FIFA Council meeting held at Miami on 15 March 2019
- This will be the second time that India will be the host country of FIFA tournament. It had also hosted the U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.
- President of International Football Federation (FIFA) – Gianni Infantino
15 March 2019: World Sleep Day
- 15 March 2019: World Sleep Day (observed on the Friday before the northern hemisphere vernal equinox)
- Theme for 2019: Healthy Sleep, Healthy Aging
- World Sleep Day is an annual event organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society. The goal is to celebrate the benefits of good and healthy sleep.