M R Kumar appointed as Chairman of LIC
- M.R. Kumar has been appointed as the new Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). He will hold the post for the next 5 years.
- Before him, Hemant Bhargava was the interim Chairman of LIC since the retirement of V.K. Sharma the then Chairman on December 31, 2018.
- Apart from this T C Suseel Kumar and Vipin Anand have been appointed as Managing Directors of the LIC.
Points to remember for LIC AAO 2019 exam:
- Name of the Chairman of LIC?
- As per LIC Act, LIC can have a maximum of four managing directors (MD) and one Chairman.