Daily Current Affairs 13 March 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 13 March 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 13 March 2019
Important Cabinet Approvals on 13 March 2019
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi met on March 13, 2019 and approved the following proposals:
- Issue of notification for General Elections to the Lok Sabha 2019 – to begin the election process for constituting the Seventeenth House of the People.
- Promulgation of
- Daman and Diu Civil Courts (Amendment) Regulation, 2019
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli (Civil Courts and Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Regulation, 2019 under Article 240 of the Constitution.
- Accession of India to
- The Nice Agreement on the International classification of goods and services for the purposes of registration of marks
- The Vienna Agreement for setting up an International classification of the figurative elements of marks and
- The Locarno Agreement for establishing an International classification for industrial designs
- The famous Erode Turmeric grown in the Erode district of Tamil Nadu has obtained the Geographical Indication (GI tag) from the Geographical Indication Registry on March 13, 2019.
- Tamil Nadu is famous for two varieties of turmeric namely ‘peria naadan’ and ‘chinna naadan’. The ‘chinna naadan’ variety is cultivated in Erode.
India grants $ 250 mn assistance to Nepal for post-earthquake assistance
- India has extended a grant assistance of $ 250 million to Nepal for the reconstruction of infrastructures destroyed during April 2015 earthquake.
- This will help Nepal in reconstruction in the areas of housing, education, health and cultural heritage.
Japan to Invest Rs 22 lakh in Kolkata Museums
- The Government of Japan has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of India to invest Rs 22 lakh ($31,800) in the Rabindra Bharati Museum, Kolkata to further strengthen historical and cultural ties with India.
- The MoU envisages renovation and refurbishment of Japan Gallery of the museum located in the Jorasanko Thakurbari campus of the Rabindra Bharati University.
SEBI lifts 20% limit on corporate bond portfolio for FPI
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has lifted the restriction on FPI which stated that no FPI shall have an exposure of more than 20% of its corporate bond portfolio to a single corporate.
- This has been done in order to encourage a wider spectrum of investors to access the Indian corporate debt market. The RBI had issued directions for the withdrawal of this limit on February 15, 2019. To give the same effect, SEBI has issued the same statement being the regulator of securities market.
HDFC Bank becomes first Indian bank to cross Rs 6 trillion market cap
- HDFC Bank Ltd crossed the milestone of ₹6 trillion market capitalisation for the first time on March 13, 2019 and thus became the first Bank in India to cross the mark of ₹6 trillion market capitalisation.
- Overall HDFC is the 3rd first in India to achieve this milestone after TCS and Reliance Industries Ltd.
Rakesh Makhija appointed as Chairman of Axis Bank
- Rakesh Makhija has been appointed as the non-executive chairman of Axis Bank. He will replace Sanjiv Misra whose term ends on July 17, 2019.
- Rakesh Makhija has been appointed for a term of 3 years w.e.f July 18, 2019.
M Ravi Kanth gets extension as HUDCO chief
- M Ravi Kanth the Chairman and Managing Director of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) Ltd has been granted extension in tenure for the post of CMD of HUCDCO for a further period of 6 months.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved six month extension of M Ravi Kanth with effect from April 11, 2019
Google shuts down its messaging app ‘Allo’
- Google has stopped all the services of its messaging app ‘Allo’ from March 12, 2019 and shut down the app.
- The “Allo” messaging app from Google could not achieve popularity like its other product and hence Google has stopped the operation of Allo. It was launched in 2016.
Winners List of All England Open Badminton Championships 2019
The YONEX All England Open Badminton Championships 2019 was held from 6 to 10 March 2019 at Arena Birmingham in Birmingham, England.
The Table below shows the winners of the Tournament
|Men’s Singles||Kento Momota (Japan)||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|Women’s Singles||Chen Yufei (China)||Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan)|
|Men’s Doubles||Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan (Indonesia)||Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia)|
|Women’s Doubles||Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan (China)||Mayu Matsumoto and Wakana Nagahara (Japan)|
|Mixed Doubles||Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong (China)||Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino (Japan)|
Indian Sailor Upamanyu Dutta Clinches Bronze in Asian Open Laser Sailing Championship
- Mumbai based Upamanyu Dutta won the bronze medal in the Asian Open Laser Sailing Championship 2019 in Laser Standard race for men held in Singapore.
- This is the first ever medal won by an India in this category of event.
- Dutta scored 56 points to finish behind Thailand’s Keerati Bualong (28 points) and Nicholas Bezy (47 points) of Hong Kong.
- In women’s category, Nethra Kumanan of Chennai achieved 4th position in the Laser Radial event for women.