Daily Current Affairs 11 March 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 11 March 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 11 March 2019
The Election Commission of India has announced the dates of Lok Sabha Election for 2019. Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora made the announcement regarding the dates. Here are the major points:
- The Lok Sabha 2019 election will be held in 7 phases.
- It will start on 11 April 2019 and will end on 19 May 2019.
- The counting of Vote (Result Day) for Lok Sabha election 2019 will be done on 23 May 2019.
- There are around 900 million eligible voters for this years election. Around 1.5 crore voters are in the age group of 18-19 years.
- Number of polling booths – 10,35,932 across 4.36 lakh locations in India.
IIT Madras to Develop “NERO” For Generating Potable Water from Air
- The Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) will develop a device called ‘NERO’ to generate potable water from atmospheric air.
- For this project, IIT Madras has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Teerthaa, a private sustainable technology company.
- The solar thermal energy powered device will produce about 4 to 5 litres of potable water per day.
2019 CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships to be held in New Delhi
- The 14th edition of the CII-EXIM Bank Conclave on India-Africa Project Partnerships will be organised in New Delhi from March 17-19, 2019.
- The 2019 Conclave is being organised by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry in association with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and EXIM Bank of India.
- It is an annual Conclave started in 2005 to bring together India and Africa on a common platform for deepening their economic and business ties and pave the way for a whole range of cross-border project partnerships
DRDO Successfully Conducts Twin Test of Guided PINAKA
- The Defence Research and Defence Organisation (DRDO) on March 11, 2019, successfully test fired the indigenously developed Guided PINAKA from Pokhran ranges in Rajasthan, which is located near the Pakistan border.
- Two rockets fired from a Pinaka multi barrel rocket launcher (PINAKA MBLR) hit their targets successfully.
- The DRDO developed weapon system is equipped with state-of-the-art guidance kit comprising of an advanced navigation and control system to boost the capability of the artillery of the Indian Army.
Mohammed Shtayyeh appointed as Prime Minister of Palestine
- Economist Mohammed Shtayyeh has been named as the Prime Minister of Palestine.
- The appointment was announced by President Mahmoud Abbas six weeks after the earlier Prime Minister Rami al-Hamdallah resigned from his post.
India Claims 8 Medals Including One Gold at Finland Boxing Tournament 2019
- Kavinder Singh Bisht was the loan Indian boxer to win Gold Medal at the 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament in Helsinki, Finland.
- The Uttarakhand based boxer won the medal in 56 kg category.
- Silver medals came from Shiva Thapa (60kg category), Govind Sahani (49kg), Mohammed Hussamuddin (56kg) and Dinesh Dagar (69kg).
- Bronze medals were won by Sumit Sangwan (91kg), Sachin Siwach (52kg) and Naveen Kumar (+91kg).
Olympic medalist Kelly Catlin passed away at the age of 23
- Kelly Catlin, a cyclist from the US passed away at the age of 23 years. She had won a silver medal at the Cycling event at the 2016 Rio Olympics.