Daily Current Affairs 10 March 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 10 March 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 10 March 2019
RBI imposes monetary penalty on 36 banks out of 50 for SWIFT related issues
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed monetary penalty 36 banks for non-compliance with various directions issued by RBI on time-bound implementation and strengthening of SWIFT-related operational controls.
- An assessment of compliance with RBI directions on implementation and strengthening of SWIFT-related operational controls of 50 major banks was carried out. Out of these 36 banks were found violating some guidelines.
India Urban Observatory & Video Wall Inaugurated by MOHUA in New Delhi
- Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs has launched a state-of-the-art India Urban Observatory at Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation in New Delhi. He also inaugurated the Video Wall in New Delhi.
- India Urban Observatory – It is a system to collect and analyze data from cities, both from real-time and archival sources. The Observatory will help in getting reliable, up-to-date information on a meaningful set of indicators over various domains such as transport, health, environment, water, finance, etc and will assist in developing best practices, future strategies and policy interventions as and when required.
- The Video Wall will display the Insights Gained from India Urban Observatory and Various Missions/ Offices Aiming To Proactively Engage with Citizens with an aim of Spreading Awareness
SC Appoints Mediation Panel Under Justice Kalifullah to Settle Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid Land Dispute in 8 Weeks
- The Supreme Court of India on March 8 has appointed three member panel as mediator for the Ayodhya’s Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to find a permanent solution in 8 weeks for the decades old case.
- Former Supreme Court Judge, FMI Kalifulla, will be the head of the Panel.
- Other member of the panel will be spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and senior advocate Sriram Panchu.
- The mediation process will begin within a week at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the committee will have to submit the report in four weeks while 8 weeks deadline has been set to conclude the hearing.
Ashu Khullar to be CEO of CITI Bank India
- Ashu Khullar will be the CEO of the CITI Bank India business from April 1, 2019. He will replace Pramit Jhaveri as the CEO.
- Presently Ashu Khullar is the Asia Pacific Head of Capital Market Origination at Citigroup Inc.
- Citi Bank India Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Citi Group Headquarters- New York, United States
Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) Celebrates 50th Raising Day
- The 50th Raising Day ceremony of Central Industrial Security Forces (CISF) was observed on March 10, 2019.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was the Chief Guest at the ceremonial event organised at Indirapuram, Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
- CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969
- Eventually, it was made an armed force of the Republic of India by another Act of Parliament passed on 15 June 1983
- CISF is directly under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs with headquarter at New Delhi.
March 10 Observed National Immunization Day 2019
- President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, launched the nation-wide Pulse Polio programme for 2019 on March 9 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, to deliver supplemental doses of oral poliovirus vaccine
- The programme was launched as a part of the National Immunization Day 2019 which was observed on March 10, 2019.
- Under the Pulse Polio programme 2019, more than 17 crore children of less than five years across the country will be given polio drops to sustain polio eradication from the country.