Daily Current Affairs 9 February 2019: We have collected the latest current affairs for 9 February 2019 that are important for all competitive exams like bank, ssc, ibps, sbi exams. The GK current affairs will help you score more in these competitive exams. Improve your general knowledge with our daily online current affairs. You can also read the current affairs on our mobile app.
Current Affairs 9 February 2019
- The Chief Justice of India, Shri Justice Ranjan Gogoi released the book “Law, Justice and Judicial Power – Justice PN Bhagwati’s Approach” at a function held in New Delhi and presented the first copy of the book to President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
- The book has been edited by Moolchand Sharma, comprising of 24 essays written in the honor of the late Justice P.N. Bhagwati, contributed by eminent persons across professions and disciplines.
- Justice Bhagwati has been called the father of public interest litigation (PIL) in India and was the 17th Chief Justice of India from July 1985 to December 1986.
- Indian weightlifting World champion Saikhom Mirabai Chanu won gold medal at the EGAT’s Cup International Weightlifting Championship 2019 held in Thailand.
- The 24-year-old Manipuri lifted 192 kg (82kg in snatch and 110kg in clean and jerk) to finish on top of the podium in the 49kg category
- Japan’s Miyake Hiromi (183kg) won silver while the bronze went to Papua New Guinea’s Loa Dika Toua (179kg).
- The points from the events will count in the final rankings for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic.