- What is the outlay of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS)?Rs. 4950 croreRs. 3660 croreRs. 3800 croreRs. 3580 croreRs. 3550 croreOption B
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the launching of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) to be implemented by Ministry of Science &Technology at a total outlay of Rs. 3660 crore for a period of five years. The Mission will feed the Central Ministries/ Departments and State Govts and also the Industry to effectively use the CPS technologies in their projects and schemes for the benefit of the society
- Where was the PMNCH Partners’ Forum 2018 held?MumbaiJaipurNew DelhiPuneBengaluruOption C
New Delhi, India will host the PMNCH Partners’ Forum 2018. The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (The Partnership, PMNCH) is an alliance of more than 1000 organizations in 192 countries from the sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health communities, as well as health influencing sectors.
- Government has raised the Employers contribution in the NPS to ___%1112131415Option D
The Cabinet has raised the government’s contribution to National Pension Scheme (NPS) to 14% of basic salary from the current 10 per cent. Minimum employee contribution will, however, remain at 10%. Earlier the contribution of both Employee and the employer was equal at 10% each.
- Which of these policy aims to double farmers’ income and agricultural export to $60+ billion by 2022?Agriculture Export Policy, 2018Agricultural Extension Policy, 2018Double Income Policy, 2018Agriculture Import Export Policy, 2018Agriculture Gain Policy, 2018Option A
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Agriculture Export Policy, 2018. It is the country’s first Agriculture Export Policy with an aim to double farmers’ income and agricultural export to $60+ billion by 2022 from present $ 30 bn.
- Which country is the highest emitter of Carbon Dioxide in 2017 as per the Global Carbon Project? ChinaUSIndiaRussiaJapanOption A
As per the study by Global Carbon Project, India is the fourth highest emitter of carbon dioxide in the world, accounting for 7 per cent of global emissions in 2017. The top 10 emitters were China, the US, the EU, India, Russia, Japan, Germany, Iran, Saudi Arabia and South Korea.
- India will observe International Year of Millets in which year?20212022202320242025Option C
The UN Food and Agriculture organisation (FAO) Council has approved India’s proposal to observe an International Year of Millets in 2023. This decision was taken at the 160th session of FAO Council, currently underway in Rome. The Council has also approved India’s membership to the Executive Board of the World Food Program (WFP) for 2020 and 2021.
- Who has been appointed as the chief economic adviser to the finance minister?Arvind SubramanianKaushik BasuAshok K LahiriKrishnamurthy SubramanianC. RangarajanOption D
The government has appointed Krishnamurthy Subramanian, as the new chief economic adviser to the finance minister for a period of three years. The post of the chief economic adivser had been lying vacant since Arvind Subramanaian left the finance ministry.
- When is International Civil Aviation Day observed?09 December05 December07 December12 December08 DecemberOption C
International Civil Aviation Day: 07 December The purpose of International Civil Aviation Day is to help generate and reinforce worldwide awareness of the importance of international civil aviation to the social and economic development of States. For 2015-2018 inclusive the Council has selected the following theme: Working Together to Ensure No Country is Left Behind.
- Mohammad Asrarul Haque who passed away recently was related to which field?PoliticsSportsMovie DirectionSingingJournalismOption A
Senior Congress MP Mohammad Asrarul Haque passed away following a heart attack. He was 76. Haque was the state president of Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, a leading Islamic organisation in India.
- Where was the Military Literature Festival 2018 held?JaipurAhmadabadLucknowChandigarhKolkataOption D
The three-day Military Literature Festival (MLF) 2018, kick-started on Friday in Chandigarh, Punjab. The festival is a joint initiative of military historian and Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh and Punjab Governor VP Singh Badnore.