- Fifteen game-changing initiatives of 14 countries were honoured as winners of the United Nations Climate Action Award at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, on December 11, 2018 for taking steps to address global climate challenge.
- Uttar Pradesh-based ‘HelpUsGreen’, which works to clean up the mighty River Ganga by recycling thousands of tonnes of floral waste from temples, has been honoured with the 2018 Momentum for Change by UN under Women for Results category.
- HelpUsGreen collects tons of floral-waste from temples in Uttar Pradesh, India on a daily basis. These sacred flowers are handcrafted into charcoal-free incense, organic vermicompost and biodegradable packaging material through its ‘Flowercycling®’ technology.
Momentum for Change Award
- The 15 winning activities of 2018 were categorized within Momentum for Change’s four focus areas: Planetary Health, Climate Neutral Now, Women for Results, and Financing for Climate Friendly Investment.
- The Momentum for Change award, led by UN Climate Change, showcases some of the most practical and replicable examples of what people are doing to address climate change.