- Asia Pacific Summit-2018 was held in which country?IndiaSri LankaNepalChinaJapanOption C
The Asia Pacific Summit-2018 began in Kathmandu, Nepal on December 1, 2018. The theme of two-day Summit is “Addressing the Critical Challenges of Our Time: Interdependence, Mutual Prosperity, and Universal Values”.
- A S Rajeev has taken charge as MD, CEO of which bank?Allahabad BankCanara BankBank of MaharashtraUnited Bank of IndiaUCO BankOption C
Bank of Maharashtra has announced that A S Rajeev has joined the bank as its Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer. Prior to this, he was Executive Director of Indian Bank from 22 January 2016
- When is International Day for the Abolition of Slavery observed?20 October02 December05 December21 November02 NovemberOption B
International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on 02 December. The focus of this day is on eradicating contemporary forms of slavery, such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, the worst forms of child labour, forced marriage, and the forced recruitment of children for use in armed conflict.
- Moody has predicted India’s Real GDP for 2018-19 at?7.5%7.1%7.4%7.3%7.2%Option E
Moody’s Investors Service’s annual Banking System Outlook on India estimated the country’s real gross domestic product (GDP) as under: Real GDP for 2018-19= 7.2% Real GDP for 2019-20=7.4%
- Which word has been Declared People’s Word of 2018 by Cambridge Dictionary?SelfieNomophobiaecocideno-platforminggender gapOption B
Cambridge Dictionary has declared Nomophobia as the People’s Word of 2018. This word has been selected based on the votes given by the people. Nomophobia refers to the “fear or worry at the idea of being without your mobile phone or unable to use it”. For the first time, the Cambridge editors asked the public to vote for the word that best summed up 2018. There were 4 words this year in the race to become the Cambridge Word of the Year that includes: nomophobia, ecocide, no-platforming, and gender gap.
- World Bank has announced _____ towards climate action investment for 2021-2025$100 billion$150 billion$250 billion$200 billion$300 billionOption D
The World Bank has announced $200 billion (Rs 13.95 lakh crore) towards climate action investment for 2021-2025 The $200 billion is double the World Bank’s current five-year investment on climate action. The United Nations Climate Change Conferences, COP 24 will be held on 3-14 December 2018 in Katowice, Poland.
- Which of the following has launched eATM to pay sale proceeds up to ₹50,000 in 30 minKotak SecuritiesZerodhaHDFC SecuritiesMotilal OswalICICI SecuritiesOption E
ICICI Securities has announced the launch of eATM orders through which retail investors can get as much as ₹50,000 in just 30 minutes when they sell stocks on the BSE through this new facility. The facility will be available on 600 select stocks on the BSE representing 99 per cent of market capitalisation. This is faster than the usual waiting period of T+2 days under the current settlement system. Shilpa Kumar is the MD/CEO of ICICI Securities.
- Where is the headquartes of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) located?ViennaFrankfurtTokyoBeijingMoscowOption A
Headquarter: Vienna Austria
- Which city will host the India Water Impact Summit-2018?MumbaiBengaluruAhmadabadDelhiKolkataOption D
The annual India Water Impact Summit 2018 will be held from 5-7 December 2018 in New Delhi. Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari will inaugurate the event. Theme: Showcasing and Enhancing Impacts of National and International Efforts on Ganga Rejuvenation.
- Name the initiative launched by Odisha Government under its “Ama Gaon Ama Bikas” scheme to ensure transparency in implementation of schemesCLEAN initiativePEETHA initiativePAARDARSHITA initiativeMo Clean initiativeSTRAIGHT initiativeOption B
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced Peoples Empowerment – Enabling Transparency and Accountability of Odisha (PEETHA) Initiatives to create awareness about the government’s welfare schemes, and improving transparency in the implementation of the same. The initiative is a sub-scheme of the government’s flagship “Ama Gaon Ama Bikas” scheme. PEETHA is a part of the 3-T initiative of Technology Transparency and Teamwork model.