- Karnataka state government has launched a ‘Prabuddha’ Scheme under which Meritorious SC/ST students heading overseas for higher education will now have their entire cost covered by the state government.
- Under this scheme the government plans to fund at least 400 students annually at a cost of Rs 120 crore.
- Under the new scheme, students whose annual family income is below Rs 8 lakh will get 100% coverage, including tuition fee, travel and accommodation. Those with a family income of Rs 8-15 lakh will get 50% coverage and those above Rs 15 lakh will get 33% coverage.
Points to remember:
- Name of the scheme and state?
- Purpose of scheme
- Outlay of scheme?- Rs 120 crore