Current Affairs Update 9 December 2018
Current Affairs is an important part for many exams. Be prepared for this section with ByScoop which brings all the important Current Affairs in one place. 9 December 2018
- Four Indian women have made in the 2018 The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women list by Forbes.
- They are : IT stalwart Roshni Nadar-Malhotra, biotechnology pioneer Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, media mogul Shobhana Bhartia and actor Priyanka Chopra
- The 15th edition of the list has been topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel who retains the top spot for the eighth consecutive year, and 13 times in total.
- She is followed by U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May (2) and International Monetary Fund managing director Christine Lagarde (3), General Motors CEO Mary Barra (No. 4), and Fidelity Investments CEO Abigail Johnson (No. 5).
- Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, has been bestowed with the ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’ by ESCP Europe Business School.
- He is the first Indian to be honoured with this distinguished recognition in ESCP Europe’s near – 200 years history.
- ESCP Europe is the world’s first business school and was founded in 1819 by a group of economic scholars and businessmen. It is one of the premier global institutions, for his innovative entrepreneurship and contribution towards philanthropy in the field of education.
- Goa’s Prathamesh Maulingkar has become the first Indian to win the title of Mister Supranational 2018.
- The 27-year-old defeated 39 other contestants from all over the world in the final round to win the 2018 title at the third edition of the pageant that took place in Krynica-Zdrój, Poland.
- Mister Supranational Poland Jakub Kucner was adjudged first runner up while the second runner up title was won by Mister Supranational Brazil Samuel Costa.
- The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Pune in January 2019.
- The inaugural event of Khelo India, which has been rechristened as Khelo India Youth Games, was held only for the Under-17 age group, while the Khelo India Youth Games 2019 will also have Under-21 athletes participating in 18 disciplines.
International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and of the Prevention of this Crime : December 9