- The Indo-Bangla Joint Border Conference was held in which city?New DelhiGuwahatiShimlaAizawlPatnaOption D
The joint Indo-Bangla border conference was held between India and Bangladesh at Aizawl, Mizoram in September 2018.
- The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology is presented by which organisation?Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)NITI AayogNational Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)State Bank of IndiaNational Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)Option A
The Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology is a science award in India given annually by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research for notable and outstanding research, applied or fundamental, in biology, chemistry, environmental science, engineering, mathematics, medicine and Physics.
- Who is the head of the High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) formed by the Ministry of Commerce to look into global trade challenges?Vijay Keshav GokhaleAjit DovalSanjeev SanyalS JaishankarSurjit S BhallaOption E
The Commerce Ministry has constituted a High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) to look into the challenges emanating from the current global trade scenario and suggest ways to boost the country’s goods and services exports. Surjit S Bhalla, Director of Oxus Research and Investments, will chair HLAG.
- How much amount has been approved by the Asian Development Bank for setting up India’s first multi-skills park in Madhya Pradesh?USD 250 millionUSD 100 millionUSD 150 millionUSD 200 millionUSD 50 millionOption C
- Who is the Director General of the Border Security Force (BSF)?Praveen KumarRajni Kant MishraAjit Pal SinghSubhash VermaArun BhagatOption B
Rajni Kant Mishra was appointed as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF) in September 2018
- When is the World Rabies Day observed annually?August 19October 5September 28November 2July 23Option C
Theme for World Rabies Day 2018 is – “Rabies: Share the message. Save a life”.
- The SAFER initiative has been launched by which organisation to reduce harmful use of alcohol?World Health OrganisationFood Safety and Standards Authority of IndiaFood and Agriculture OrganizationWorld Food ProgrammeFood and Drug Administration (FDA)Option A
The World Health Organization (WHO) has released SAFER, a new initiative and technical package outlining five high-impact strategies that can help governments to reduce the harmful use of alcohol and related health, social and economic consequences.
- The Central Government has cuts its gross market borrowing estimate for current fiscal 2018-19 by Rs _________ croreRs 60,000 croreRs 80,000 croreRs 30,000 croreRs 70,000 croreRs 50,000 croreOption D
Government has announced a reduction in gross borrowing estimate for the current fiscal by 70,000 crore rupees and maintained that the government will contain fiscal deficit target at 3.3 per cent.
- Which state declared cow as ‘Rashtra Mata’ or the mother of the nation?Madhya PradeshHaryanaBiharRajasthanUttarakhandOption E
- Bank of Baroda and Vijaya Bank have approved merger proposal with which bank to become second largest PSU lenderIDBI BankCorporation BankDena BankOriental Bank of CommerceUCO BankOption C